27 August 2016

Radio fixed

Again!

I heard today that my Flex 6500 has been fixed and will be on its way back home next week. That's great news and I am looking forward to cracking on with operational evaluation, aka making QSOs.

I've not been completely idle in the past week. Apart from making full use of the nice weather by getting lots of flying in, I have also added significantly to my Windows API code. As I now expect this to form the basis of the Mark II controller, there is quite a lot of additional functionality to implement. It'll be several more months before I can start work on the Mk II controller in earnest as I have decided that the hardware platform will be the Udoo X86 and I won't get my first sample until December.

Hopefully I shall have the 6500 back before the end of the week and I will write more then.

No comments:

Post a comment