- The software really isn't complete yet. It's good enough for my style of operating (HF CW only) but I feel nervous about letting it out into a more general user environment. And, of course, I know where the quirky features are and I'm willing/able to work around them. There are several Flex control functions that I still need to write, mostly to do with modes that I don't really use or functions that I haven't found much personal need for.
- The hardware development, including PCB design, appears to be complete but I can't really be sure that there won't be another revision if software advances change the requirements.
- There is a pile of documentation that I will need to write to give others a reasonable chance of building to my design. I'm not really ready to start on this yet.
- I only have a very few people showing interest so far, certainly far fewer than is needed to justify a PCB production run of either mini or maxi boards.
- I don't have a lot of time at the moment! Too many hobbies demanding my retirement time, especially during the summer months. This sort of thing is really a winter project.
17 July 2017
PCB and software update
A while ago I suggested that I would make PCBs available for those who wanted to build their own 'WGV FlexRadio controller. This is still my intention but on reflection I think that it is too soon for me to rush to production. Here's my current thinking: