- Separate VFO-A and VFO-B knob. Nice big weighty ones, like you get on proper radios(!)
- A decent display that shows all the stuff I am interested in for at least two radios. The 6500 can do up to four... could be a challenge.
- Separate volume encoders for A & B
- Filter width and shift encoders for A & B
- A couple of spare encoders that can be assigned to things like notch, noise blanker, etc.
- A band select key pad
- A bunch of other push buttons for various things such as split/simplex, mode selection, et al
- VFO-A & VFO-B LED buttons, a la FT5000, for quick control of which VFO does what
3 March 2016
Early panel thoughts
So with all this nonsense of wanting to design my own control panel, just what are the controls that I feels are so important to have? Here's my list for starters: